Monday, January 20, 2014

American Hustle

As a friend on facebook wrote: American Hustle felt like it hustled me out of 9 dollars.

I happen to agree.

The acting was overall pretty solid, although I found Bale hard to laugh at, and I think this movie was supposed to be funny-ish.  I kept waiting for him to start busting someone's face in like Batman would.  At many times in the movie I felt confused about what the character's motivations were.  That was either a genius component of the film being about con artists, or sloppy writing.  Overall, I felt it was the latter.


Also, Amy Adam's outfits were distracted.  Too much of that "midboob" thing happening.  I mean, look at the picture above, she was like that for like 90% of the movie.

It was an enjoyable enough experience.  The soundtrack was good, although it seemed repetitive.  I feel they did a good job making the film seem like the 70s, ultimately I just think the movie didn't know exactly what it wanted to be.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment