Wednesday, January 22, 2014

911 is not a joke anymore.


Here's the deal.
I am already willing to give you that this movie won't be amazing.
I'll give you that we will think that it "could have been better" and will immediately compare it to other movies that somehow "pulled it off" better.
It's February release is not a good sign, nor is it's PG13 rating.

But come on, I would be a fool to say I didn't really want to see Robocop and think I will enjoy just about 100% of it.

The visuals alone will be enough to make me want to take in every detail (even though amazing looking films are the norm these days).  The pool of actors, ranging from Gary Oldman to Samuel L Jackson (looking like he is playing his ideal type of role) to Michael Keaton, provide enough foundation for well executed exchanges between characters to occur.  I even imagine it is going to have at least a pseudo-concious "message" in the story of a "Robotic US Military technology that is currently deployed overseas will one day be turned against it's own citizens".

Plus the ED209 just looks ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment